MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ok, advice to be shared please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to asked the dreaded question that every forum owner asks... how do you get people onto your forum? It's been a few years since I last run one, and am now struggling to work out how to do it...

So any ideas gratefully received....

thanks

Forum is plain and simple as the main members love it that way... um
Content content content. The more content you have the more things members have to do.
yep but you need members to get content... the normal circle - lol
i've also ask this to our local forum just a day ago and they told me to tweet threads that are helpful and to personally email friends that might be interested in your forum.
(2011-02-19, 01:58 PM)ukanimal Wrote: [ -> ]yep but you need members to get content... the normal circle - lol

No, you have to make the beginning content.
yeah, you need to start content, but it looks bad when you have 5 or 6 accounts under your name posting to yourself
Content is what is going to help you bro. And to get content you need users, how do you get users? PostLoop

Best thing for a new forum. They'll join wether or not you already have content because they need to make points thus giving you content.
thanks, just signed up to Postloop Smile