MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Searching without keywords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is it currently possible to search one or all forums for all messages, say from last year or with a certain prefix, *without* entering a specific keyword (so that the search returns all of them) ? Alternatively, is it possible to select *all* messages in a forum (even a couple of years back) and move them, en masse, to another forum ?

Thanks.
I don't think the first one is possible. As far as I know, the default search engine doesn't support wildcards or advanced syntax. As for the second one, you could do it with a small SQL query.

Doing either through MyBB's interface isn't possible, I don't think.
Thanks. Would be a useful feature for administrators imho.
(2011-02-19, 06:47 PM)Scotty Ferguson Wrote: [ -> ]Is it currently possible to search one or all forums for all messages, say from last year or with a certain prefix, *without* entering a specific keyword (so that the search returns all of them) ?

Not without a plugin.

(2011-02-19, 06:47 PM)Scotty Ferguson Wrote: [ -> ]Alternatively, is it possible to select *all* messages in a forum (even a couple of years back) and move them, en masse, to another forum ?

Tick the box under where it says 'Subscribe to this forum' on the thread list page, it'll select all threads on that page, and you'll see a bar come up saying to select all threads in that forum, click that, and then choose to move them via the moderation options at the bottom of the page.
Great, thanks.