MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where's the base navigation defined at?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to find which file the base of the navigation (breadcrumb) is defined in. I've check global.php and found this:

// Add our main parts to the navigation
$navbits = array();
$navbits[0]['name'] = $mybb->settings['bbname_orig'];
$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/index.php";

The reason is that I want to apply his technique to my breadcrumb to allow google to recognise it: http://css-tricks.com/markup-for-breadcrumbs/

XenForo recently implemented it and Id love to add it to my copy of MYBB if its at all possible. I have most of it done, but the base URL is always displayed as a child element via template edits because of the way it's defined as a standard nav_bit.

So yeah, any help would be appreciated. Cheers.
The breadcrumb functions start at line 3,040 in /inc/functions.php

Fool around with those and the templates. However, until a standard is set for breadcrumbs I wouldn't worry about it. As the article you posted said (emphasis mine):

Quote:I'd say that there is no super-ultimate best-possible-way to handle breadcrumb markup yet. Hopefully obviously, this really isn't a big deal. Just pick one that works for you and go with it. I just think it's interesting territory for an HTML conversation.
Yeah, but google's already following the first template and adding it to search results.

Thanks for the location though - I forgot to check the functions file haha
Found a simple way thanks to you Smile Unset $navbits[0] in the ./inc/functions.php file then rebuild it Big Grin
Glad I could help!