MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing unneeded profile items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is it possible to (easily) remove profile fields such as ICQ, Yahoo, AIM etc? Adding custom fields works perfectly, but I can't find a way to remove fields which are not essential : for our users the above fields are just taking up space.

Thanks.
You can remove them from the template "member_profile" (under Member Templates). I wouldn't edit them out of the control panel templates, though.
Thanks. Why not?
There's no reason why you shouldn't edit them out of the UserCP templates.
(2011-02-19, 08:38 PM)Scotty Ferguson Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. Why not?

I checked the source code and you can go ahead and remove them from the control panel templates. I was unsure if MyBB would have issues with nonexistent POST values, but I don't think it will. Those fields will just always be empty.

The template you want is "usercp_profile" under "User Control Panel Templates."
Thanks a lot people. This is my first journey into template editing and it seems to be clear enough. I commented everything out for the time being... just to be on the safe side. I know there's a "revert" option, but I'm careful. BTW, what happens when I upgrade? Do I need to export theme & template set first?

Thanks again.
(2011-02-19, 08:53 PM)Scotty Ferguson Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot people. This is my first journey into template editing and it seems to be clear enough. I commented everything out for the time being... just to be on the safe side. I know there's a "revert" option, but I'm careful. BTW, what happens when I upgrade? Do I need to export theme & template set first?

Thanks again.

Upgrading shouldn't touch any of your templates or themes. If something goes awry you can always use the backup you made before upgrading, right? Wink
Right, thanks Smile
Be sure to mark the relevant post as the best answer or mark the thread as solved. Smile