MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Computing Tech - Looking for Members, Staff, Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Website Link: Computing Tech

Subject of Website:

The website covers topics regarding possibilities of Computers.
This includes Programming, Games, Graphics, Computing itself and even Hardware.

Staff:

Our website attempts to stay moderated as it is, we currently have 2 Moderators, 1 Global Moderator, 1 Administrator and the Site owner, which is me.

We accept Staff Applications as stated in the forum and it's rules for Staff Application.
Everyone is welcome to apply for staff, but beware that we don't take Staff Reviews lightly and accept just anyone.

Staff Applications: Staff Applications

Introduction:

It's not a long time since we started the website, but we are all quite well experienced in the subject.
You are welcome to register on our site and hopefully contribute Wink but you can just as well check it out and post some suggestions.
If you choose to register, we like to see if you post the suggestions on our site (for archiving purposes).

Thank you:

I'd like to thank you for viewing this thread and if you'll check out the site, be sure to leave a comment Smile
You certainly do not need four moderators when you have sixteen registered members.
I do it for two reasons:

1. Attract members for this very reason, as some register just so they could be Staff.
2. This way I won't have to get them later.
3. I accept only those who I already know are trusted and show proper skills.

And this is useful, as it's more likely for someone register if there are members than if there are low.
Looks good, but you have WAY too many forums. I would try consolidating them until your forum grows more popular.
Well they were requested by my members, so how can I say no Wink
(2011-02-20, 10:55 PM)Barathrum Wrote: [ -> ]Well they were requested by my members, so how can I say no Wink
Thats excellent that you are listening to your member's needs, but I think you will have difficulty signing up new members with so many forums (it makes the site look empty).

Just my two cents. Good luck!
I think it will be alright until I keep adding threads and don't leave any part without threads.
1) You're hiring staff members for the WRONG reasons.
2) What's the rush?

Do you have any experience in managing communities?
I don't think you do..

PS thats more then two reasons...
(2011-02-20, 07:56 PM)Barathrum Wrote: [ -> ]I do it for two reasons:

1. Attract members for this very reason, as some register just so they could be Staff.
2. This way I won't have to get them later.
3. I accept only those who I already know are trusted and show proper skills.

And this is useful, as it's more likely for someone register if there are members than if there are low.

As said previously, you really do NOT need 4 more staff members when you already have 4 yourself. That's half your board being staff! And your staff aren't earning their titles, they're simply first come first serve, so I really don't know how
Barathrum Wrote:3. I accept only those who I already know are trusted and show proper skills.
you decide who's trusted and who's not...
(2011-02-22, 10:34 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]As said previously, you really do NOT need 4 more staff members when you already have 4 yourself. That's half your board being staff! And your staff aren't earning their titles, they're simply first come first serve, so I really don't know how
Barathrum Wrote:3. I accept only those who I already know are trusted and show proper skills.
you decide who's trusted and who's not...

I'm trying to tell you that it's just a trick to get members...
Anyone who tries to Apply and I don't know him get's denied...
I only accept HQ members from forums on which I'm on.

Many people suggested that when starting the site, find a way to get at least about 50 members, and then start serious stuff.

Anyway I purchased premium hosting and a .com domain.
If all goes well, I'll setup tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3