MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Ratings and images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't understand something. If I'm looking at a forum, before click on an individual thread, you've got a list and to the right you see Replies, Views, Rating, and Last Post.

I can understand displaying the Rating image. But what I don't get, is why would you actually rate the thread here? Is there any way for me to disable that?

Also, I know I can change the individual star image. But is there a way for me to replace the 5 stars with 5 individual images, depending on the rating?

Huh
(2011-02-19, 10:12 PM)RichardW Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand something. If I'm looking at a forum, before click on an individual thread, you've got a list and to the right you see Replies, Views, Rating, and Last Post.

I can understand displaying the Rating image. But what I don't get, is why would you actually rate the thread here? Is there any way for me to disable that?

Rating gives a rough estimate of how valuable other users think a particular thread's content is. You can disable thread rating by editing a forum's settings (ACP -> Forums & Posts) and unchecking "Yes, allow threads to be rated" under Miscellaneous Options.

(2011-02-19, 10:12 PM)RichardW Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I know I can change the individual star image. But is there a way for me to replace the 5 stars with 5 individual images, depending on the rating?

I think you'd need to edit the JavaScript to show images based on rating.
(2011-02-19, 10:23 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-19, 10:12 PM)RichardW Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand something. If I'm looking at a forum, before click on an individual thread, you've got a list and to the right you see Replies, Views, Rating, and Last Post.

Rating gives a rough estimate of how valuable other users think a particular thread's content is. You can disable thread rating by editing a forum's settings (ACP -> Forums & Posts) and unchecking "Yes, allow threads to be rated" under Miscellaneous Options.

I don't want to disable the thread Rating system though. I just want members to read the thread first before rating it, which means opening it and rating it while the thread is open.

(2011-02-20, 04:00 AM)RichardW Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to disable the thread Rating system though. I just want members to read the thread first before rating it, which means opening it and rating it while the thread is open.

Ah, then simply remove "{$ratingcol}" from the "forumdisplay_threadlist" template and {$rating} from the "forumdisplay_thread" template, both under "Forum Display Templates".
(2011-02-20, 04:04 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-20, 04:00 AM)RichardW Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to disable the thread Rating system though. I just want members to read the thread first before rating it, which means opening it and rating it while the thread is open.

Ah, then simply remove "{$ratingcol}" from the "forumdisplay_threadlist" template and {$rating} from the "forumdisplay_thread" template, both under "Forum Display Templates".

Would they still be able to see what they rated the thread as, while viewing the forum list?