MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS3 PIE with MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried to implement CSS3 PIE with MyBB? I'm having trouble trying to use it.
I've never tried it yet. Anyway, where are you storing the pie file? If it's referenced relatively, it'll be looking in the cache directory.
I tried it in the theme's images folder and also in the cache directory but nothing was working.
Odd. I'll try test it today and see if it'll work for me.
Did anyone figure out what the correct path, and or placement of the PIE.htc file?

I've tried it in several different folders:
root/index.php
cache
cache/themes
cache/themes/theme4

behavior: url(PIE.htc);
	position: relative;
	z-index: 0;

Anyone know how to get CSS3 PIE to work?

Thanks,
Burt
All you need to do is modify the path to it. E.g: behavior: url('http://localhost/path/to/PIE.htc');

If you want to see a working example, I have it working on the site in my signature, you'll find it in the style.css file.

All the best,
Imad Jomaa.
(2012-06-15, 05:29 AM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]All you need to do is modify the path to it. E.g: behavior: url('http://localhost/path/to/PIE.htc');

If you want to see a working example, I have it working on the site in my signature, you'll find it in the style.css file.

All the best,
Imad Jomaa.

Hi Imad,

The code that I showed above was not the only path I tried. I'm trying to figure out where you place the PIE.htc file because in each of the locations I tried it didn't work. I even tried an absolute path with no luck.
There isn't a specific place you must place the file. If you'd like, you can PM me a link to your site and I'll tinker around with it in firebug.

All the best,
Imad Jomaa.
Hi everyone,

Imad has recommended a fix using some JS, but I'm not totally comfortable making those adjustments at this point. While I very much appreciate his guidance, I just wanted to get a second opinion to see if anyone else was able to get this to work? Imad said that my files look like they were in the appropriate place. Is it against forum rules to post a link to my site?

Thanks,
Burt
no, it will be in the root of your file since it's based on where you're html file is located.