MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with Thread Notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My advice would be to directly contact your host. If the test script worked OK then there is nothing wrong with the software - instead, it is being held up elsewhere.

In the ACP, there is a Tools & Maintenance tab. Go in here and have a look at the system mail and user mail logs. Is there any recent error messages?
I have no recent errors listed in either place, I will contact my hosting site and see if there's something going on.
Thank you.....I will update when I talk to them.

~B~
I have spent all the time after replying to this with my hosting account provider, after they looked at it and we bantered back and fourth even setup a test account and what not, they were able to see that there was a "Scripting Issue" at work....but being unfamilar with this forum they did want to get any more involved than that.

So....now what?

~B~

Activations are not being sent either....basically all outgoing mail sent through the actual forum framework is getting lost somewhere, no errors, and no e-mails.

But the "Test Script" suggested does send out an e-mail and manuelly activated in the browser.

~B~
Can you PM me your admincp login and ftp login? I'd like to take a more intricate look.
(2011-03-01, 12:23 AM)The Snake Guru Wrote: [ -> ]Activations are not being sent either....basically all outgoing mail sent through the actual forum framework is getting lost somewhere, no errors, and no e-mails.

Well I bet it's a server-side issue then.
Update.

I've confirmed this to be a host issue.

Godaddy doesn't allow a from address to be set for aol, gmail, yahoo, hotmail, live, aim, or msn. You're using an @yahoo.com address as your board's admin url and also as your account, so anytime the board tries to send an email such as thread subscriptions, account activation etc, it uses the admin email and gets rejected because of this. Also any user with an email from any of these providers trying to email another user will also not get delivered for the same reason.

References:
http://community.godaddy.com/groups/web-...-correctly
(Last post)
http://help.godaddy.com/article/510
(The note in the box with an exclamation mark near the bottom of the page)

Thanks for the help guys! Got her back up and going..sorry for the trouble.

~B~
Pages: 1 2