MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with Thread Notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently upgraded to the new MyBB, and since niether myself or any members have been getting e-mail notification when replys are posted to subscribed threads. I have checked and the "Instant E-mail Notification" is turned on....it just isn't sending any out.

Possible avenues to explore a fix would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brad
Are any emails being sent out, such as account activation emails, or is it only subscription emails?
I wasn't quite sure, so I sent myself an e-mail through the system....looks like nothing is getting through.

~B~
Please try the following mail test script: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If this test says it could not send the mail, or it said it sent but you did not receive any email, even in your spam/trash folder, then the issue lies with your host. If you receive the email from this test, we will investigate the issue further.
Mail test completed: got the message "Mail was sent by PHP"

Mail Showed up just a minute ago:

Flag this messageTesting mailSunday, February 20, 2011 4:15 PMFrom: "thesnakeguru" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: [email protected] is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.

So apparently PHP is working......What's next?

~B~
Hello? Suggestions? Please?

~B~
Bump......
Still no suggestions?

~B~
@ The Snake Guru. I'm not sure how but for me thread notifications and activation emails seem to be going through now. Still no member to member email though.
Well sounds like your are halfway there...I'm still getting nothing.

~B~
Seriously what's the issue here? I mean it's been over a week and I've gotten no help with a fix here, no suggestion of what "might" be the problem......????????

~B~
Well this problem is extremely weird, that's why we haven't responded. If activations are being sent out, those should be sent out as well.
Pages: 1 2