MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I recently moved hosts...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
...and I think I've done something wrong. I moved everything to the new host, and everything's fine - except one thing. When I go into Configuration >> Settings, whatever I edit there doesn't appear to have been edited on the forum. For example, I installed a plugin but none of the options show up. I have also disabled the referral system, but on the forum it still appears to be active. Everything else is fine, e.g changing the theme, etc, and the topics and everything have moved successfully. (I'm the only person registered on the forum). I have tried chomodded the config.php in the 'inc' folder to 777, but still, nothing seems to be working.

Do I need to check the CHMOD on another file? Could there possibly be something I have missed?

Thanks,
-Meep

EDIT: I've checked here, and there were a few files I needed to change, but still, nothing happened...
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/CHMOD_Files
Try to reupload your admin folder. But watch out for your plugins.
./inc/settings.php needs to be CHMOD to 666; if settings show at their old value after you change them, it's not able to write the new settings to settings.php.
(2011-02-20, 09:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]./inc/settings.php needs to be CHMOD to 666; if settings show at their old value after you change them, it's not able to write the new settings to settings.php.

It already is CHMODed to 666... I've also realised that even in the original host, when I disable the referral system or change the avatar settings, they don't change on the site, so I don't actually think it's anything to do with move, It's probably something to do with the files.
Try to turn your board offline and put a message in, then log out of the forum, does the board show as closed with the message you put in??
I don't know, it's taking a long time to load... when I log out, after a long whole of loading, it comes up with "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later." It was fine before I logged out and change the setting. When I am logged in, it does say in red something like 'Your board is offline'.
Since I've made the forum offline, when I make it online, it appears to be offline to me but not other people. It's also very slow, won't let me log out and only shows plain text and the banner. :/
Bump... I really need this fixing. :/ Here's the URL:
http://zeggland.net78.net/
My previous, and current, problem was that when I change the avatar memory allowance and try to disable the referral system didn't work. I got told to try put my board offline and see if it works, so I did, but now it's screwed.
The design has changed to plain text, when it was actually a full image design. It's very slow, and even when I've turned the Offline board off, it still comes up with
Your board status is currently set to closed.
People can still get on it, but they're finding it slow and only plain text aswell. I have no idea why it's doing this... if you can help me I will be highly grateful.

Board URL:
http://zeggland.net78.net/
Theme is looking fine to me.
Yeah, I've just updated it to the new MyBB version, but now my ACP won't let me in...
It comes up with home/a8547097/public_html/inc/languages/english/admin/config_mysupport.lang.php does not exist. But it does. And I was wanting to uninstall the MySupport Mod anyway.
Reupload the file in ./inc/languages/english/admin/ folder.
Pages: 1 2 3