MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Query to set all forums to count towards post count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

On my site, I have quite a lot of boards, and It's going to take a long time to set all the boards to count towards a user's post count, it's a confusing story to what happened, but can someone tell me if there is a query to do this.

Basically, I want a query for phpMyAdmin to set all boards to count towards the users' post count.

I've looked through the list on MyBB Extras, but it wasn't there.

Thanks.
UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `usepostcounts` = '1';

Then go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > forums > Rebuild Cache.
(2011-02-20, 02:25 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `usepostcounts` = '1';

Then go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > forums > Rebuild Cache.

That didn't work, all the sections still don't count.

I did a recount and rebuild as well as rebuilding cache.
Are you sure you're running the query on the correct database...?? It can't not work, it's setting the column telling it to use post counts to 1, i.e. on, for all forums... rebuilding the cache will need to be the first thing you do after running the query.
Nevermind, I tried many times but It didn't work, I did it manually.
Well I don't know what you were doing then, it's a simple query, and it works just fine on my forum. As I said above, it can't really not work, it just sets a column to 1, so I'm not sure what you were doing.
I went to cPanel, went to phpMyAdmin, clicked on the mybb_ tables, then clicked 'Query' and copied that code in.