MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Descriptions for urls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys
I'm using a mybb platform and I have this problem...Google in the WebMasterTool says that :
mysite.com
mysite.com/portal.php
mysite.com/index.php

have all the same description , duplicate title tags.
So I want to change that and basically change the tast to something like this....
mysite.com > main page
mysite.com/portal.php > news
mysite.com/index.php > forums

how can i do that ?
edit the templates of those pages to add <meta keywords=" "> and <meta description=" "> items to them in the <head>
(2011-02-20, 04:23 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]edit the templates of those pages to add <meta keywords=" "> and <meta description=" "> items to them in the <head>

Meaning templates>> your theme>> portal templates >> Portal

and for index

templates>> your theme >> index page templates >> index.

Index.php and / are the same thing because your domain uses index.php as the default page. You could change this by using a different page as your default by doing

DirectoryIndex yourpage.php

in your .htaccess file.
Thank you guys , that solved the problem.
I do have one more question ...... how can i add a tag title and meta description to my main page.
mysite.com/
because right now when i change the title in the portal.php template the name of / page also changes......
Note : I use only mybb as platform..basically portal.php is my main page. Big Grin
you can't, they are the same page. that is what DirectoryIndex line int eh .htaccess files controls. It tells the server what page to show if there is no page in the URL (just a folder is requested)
Thank you.Problems solved. Big Grin
You can lock this topic.