MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: You want to make Facebook?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay so you are starting making Facebook. In first you need domain and hosting you get it.
What is your next step? What first you will make? Design? Some code?
I think Mark Zuckerberg already did that dude. :p
(2011-02-20, 11:02 PM)Sammyed Wrote: [ -> ]I think Mark Zuckerberg already did that dude. :p

lol, what are you trying to do???

I just wanna see what people will do and how they think.
I'd make the design after the the actual system is set up.

I'd make the system, make sure all bugs are gone, then set up the design. Make it nice and pretty.

Then I'd get a few friends to join, just to test it out tell me what they think.

Then I'd tell those friends to advertise to friends. Keeping it all within friends.

After 1 - 3 months of trial I'd mass advertise it.
I think you mean a social network. The first step as in any project is planning. Ideas, sketches and a hell of a lot of time. It would quite a bit to run, so unless you have a few grand to start it up, there would be no point. You'd need many staff members, dedicated servers and years of experience. I could go on and on about legal issues, etc.. but I won't.
You hire a coder next. /me is lazy

Well really you find a basis that no one else has.
(2011-02-20, 11:50 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]I think you mean a social network. The first step as in any project is planning. Ideas, sketches and a hell of a lot of time. It would quite a bit to run, so unless you have a few grand to start it up, there would be no point. You'd need many staff members, dedicated servers and years of experience. I could go on and on about legal issues, etc.. but I won't.

Yea something like social network.
I am not talking i will make i am just asking how would people start it Toungue
(2011-02-20, 11:52 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]You hire a coder next. /me is lazy

Well really you find a basis that no one else has.

Haha "/me is lazy" pwned Big Grin
If you have a really clear cut idea of how the site will work, design it first and get it looking great. Then tie everything together and make interface changes from that. This way you can get a decent template system going.
Nice if someone remade facebook, Getting rid of bugs, Fixing privacy issues, ect.
(2011-02-21, 02:44 AM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]Nice if someone remade facebook, Getting rid of bugs, Fixing privacy issues, ect.

It would never take off. Facebook has a monopoly of the social network market. You'd need to make the next Facebook.
Pages: 1 2