MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirection address incorrect (missing port)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
myBB v1.6.1
PHP v5.3.3
MySQLi 5.1.49

Once I'd got the cookie problem sorted, the board is now working fine except for one issue regarding re-direction after a login from a mail link. For instance, my board is at an address with a trailing port 83. If a private message is sent to a member who is not logged in, he gets an email with the correct address to the PM. This DOES include the port number. If the link is clicked, the login page appears (as it should), and once the person enters his details, he gets the message saying that he is being sent back to his original destination. However, this address has everything EXCEPT the port number and therefore he gets a Page Not Found error in his browser. The same goes for email messages relating to thread replies. If the person who gets the message is logged in, then the address is correct and takes him to the correct place. If he is not logged in, and has to do so, then he is redirected to the thread incorrectly because the port is missing.

Any way round this or have I found a bug? It's a nuisance either way! Grateful for any help. Thanks.............
To confirm, the page they see after following the link is the no permissions page, right?? If so, this is a known issue: http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1312
Yes it looks as though this may be the case. I assume that the no permissions page is the message below. If so, may I presume that you will eventually cure the problem as I have to use the board through a specific port. Meanwhile, I'll live with the restriction. Thanks for all your efforts....................

RogerD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page. This could be because one of the following reasons:

1. You are not logged in or registered. Please use the form at the bottom of this page to login.
2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3. Your account may have been disabled by an administrator, or it may be awaiting account activation.
4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or links.