MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Application Based Registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a guild forums which I'd like to use for accepting/rejecting members. I looked around the mod forums and couldn't find anything like this, but basically what I need is for forum guests to come to our website, click 'apply to guild' and an application form will pop up on the screen (including login and password, of course) that will ask several questions such as what game they play (we're multi-game), what character they are, level, etc. It would be helpful if the applications were viewable by all administrators.

And of course, be able to accept/reject them.

(Side note: I'm also looking for a 'guild roster' plugin, if anyone knows of any)
I could easily make you an application plugin, although it would require you to create the user manually using the information you provide if you were to accept them.
(2011-02-22, 12:02 AM)Pixovee Wrote: [ -> ]I could easily make you an application plugin, although it would require you to create the user manually using the information you provide if you were to accept them.

What about allowing them to sign up on the boards but not being activated until their application is approved, like moderated registration?

(2011-02-22, 02:49 AM)Aelle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-22, 12:02 AM)Pixovee Wrote: [ -> ]I could easily make you an application plugin, although it would require you to create the user manually using the information you provide if you were to accept them.

What about allowing them to sign up on the boards but not being activated until their application is approved, like moderated registration?

I'm new to making plugins but this would be fairly easy for another plugin developer to make Wink
You don't even need it. Set it to need admin activation, and add a custom profile field called "Application" Smile
(2011-02-22, 08:22 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]You don't even need it. Set it to need admin activation, and add a custom profile field called "Application" Smile

Ohhh! I hadn't even thought of that. I'll give it a try-- thank you!