MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Exclude forums for latest threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to exclude certain forums from the latests threads.
Does this work with the Latest Threads sidebox though? I already unticked the search option for todays posts and new posts, it just doesn't work for Latest Threads.
(2011-02-22, 12:21 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-68474.h...+exclusion

Isn't that a 1.6 base feature? I have certain forums hidden from search and I don't have a plugin installed haha

OP: It might do. It depends on how the mod works. Link to the actual plugin you're using?
(2011-02-22, 03:43 PM)gamer413 Wrote: [ -> ]Does this work with the Latest Threads sidebox though? I already unticked the search option for todays posts and new posts, it just doesn't work for Latest Threads.

by sidebox you mean for Proportal or the MyBB default portal? it works in the default portal, if you enable the getnew list of forum IDs as those IDs are used to update the "unviewableforums" list.

(2011-02-22, 04:10 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-22, 12:21 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-68474.h...+exclusion

Isn't that a 1.6 base feature? I have certain forums hidden from search and I don't have a plugin installed haha

OP: It might do. It depends on how the mod works. Link to the actual plugin you're using?

that plugin I created allows forums to be searchable from the search page, but does not show up in the getnew, getdaily, user searches, etc (if enabled).

so if you use the built-in hide from search option, you can not search that forum even from the search page.

Ah right, makes sense. I didn't read your release properly obviously.
I am talking about the Latest Threads of the default portal, but I have a side box plugin that puts them on the side on the forum pages.
Sidebox plugin is probably using duplicate code.

Open the plugin, look for something that looks like this

// Latest forum discussions
if($mybb->settings['portal_showdiscussions'] != 0 && $mybb->settings['portal_showdiscussionsnum'])
{
	$altbg = alt_trow();
	$threadlist = '';
	$uv = str_replace('fid', 't.fid', $unviewwhere);
	$query = $db->query("
		SELECT t.*, u.username, f.name AS forumname
		FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."threads t
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users u ON (u.uid=t.uid)
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."forums f ON (f.fid=t.fid)
		WHERE 1=1 $uv AND t.visible='1' AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%'
		ORDER BY t.lastpost DESC 
		LIMIT 0, ".$mybb->settings['portal_showdiscussionsnum']
	);

ADD
AND t.fid NOT IN(15,20,43,44,68,45)
right above order by in the first snippet. The numbers are the forum IDs you wish to exclude.
i tried this but when its activated i just5 get a blank screen for the end user i can still see admincp tho
(2013-08-31, 05:52 AM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]i tried this but when its activated i just5 get a blank screen for the end user i can still see admincp tho

Can you create your own thread with extra details so we can try to help you better?