MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I am getting hit by one particular spam email accounts and I need some help. What do you suggest I do to get rid of it? I checked to see if the board had additional protection but I did not see anything. If you could help me our here I would appreciate it.
Install Fassim antispam and Askimet. If its from one email address, or address registar, you can block it in the ACP.
1. Block the email address in the ACP.
2. Install Fassim Antispam and Stopforumspam.com (plugins, Stopforumspam you need to change the compatability from 14* to 16*). I don't recommend Akismet, but that's also an option (too many false-positives and a big turnoff).
3. Make sure you have staff hired, be sure one staff member is on at all times if you have a big forum.
4. If these don't work, report back to us and there's some last resorts we can go to.
Thanks.. I will add the email and install the following plugins (the second plugin is not compatible with 1.6 tho).

Thanks again
I'm using Fassim and is working well, is a great plugin !
(2011-02-22, 08:21 PM)cwindham Wrote: [ -> ](the second plugin is not compatible with 1.6 tho).

Edit the plugin file. Open stopforumspam.php and find "compatibility" => "14*" change the 14 to 16.

thx it works now.
Also install this addon from GEEK : http://mods.mybb.com/view/registration-s...y-question
it's cool and awesome Big Grin