MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: viewing all threads/categories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if there is a way to view all threads from all categories. for people that prefer to just see whats new.
I think this can be a lifesaver for smaller forums.

Also, what about tags? does MyBB support it?

I think what I want is, a way of viewing the forum as one big mix, and also a option to sort it by tags/categories if you are looking for a particular subject.

I was looking around for a good forum software lately, I like MyBB a lot, but Vanila has these options, and I think that they are great, So I am wondering how much of that is possible to have in MyBB.
View Today's Posts or View New Posts? Or even, this weeks posts? Is that what you mean?

You'll need a plugin for tags, pretty sure there's a decent one knocking about somewhere.
Thanks AJS

this sounds better, although I would prefer to have all posts, not just from last day or week.
also, how do I get to it, also, is it possible to make that my default forum view?

About a tags plugin, I searched for it, have not found any.

I think categories in mybb are to crude to sort stuff, its good for up to 10 categories, but for 50 plus categories its just not the right solution. thats why I think tags would be a better option.
I will repeat my question in short.

Is there a way to make the default view of the forum to to be the latest threads, and view by categories should be a link/option?
Just increase the number of days it searches back, to something enormous, like 9999 days or similar.

Dirty way to make it default view - redirect your index page to the search page.
Thanks Yumi!

So in essence these are search result pages.
Yeah.. feels dirty.

How would one do a redirect?
Regular 301 redirect?

Doesn't mybb provide a mechanism for that?
I'd throw a DirectoryIndex line into .htaccess.
(2011-02-25, 12:23 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]I'd throw a DirectoryIndex line into .htaccess.

Ditto.

This might help too - http://community.mybb.com/thread-66838.html
Thanks AJS and Steven,

BTW Wordpress and Vanilla forums, have it as a simple option in the control panel to chose any page you want for the home page.
(2011-02-25, 01:42 AM)JoeNewYork Wrote: [ -> ]BTW Wordpress and Vanilla forums, have it as a simple option in the control panel to chose any page you want for the home page.

The same could be done for MyBB with a plugin, I suppose. .htaccess works just fine in the opinion, although a plugin would be easier to use. I might throw a plugin together in a few.
Pages: 1 2