MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Only one quote when replying?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In many free forums Mybb phpbb if someone quotes a post and replies to it and the next user replies to the above quote the post just goes on and on. The post becomes longer due to the previous quoted replies. Is a there a plugin to avoid this? For example in some paid forum softwares if I quote the person above me and he replies to my post only my post is quoted not the whole thing.
I know it's possible because HackForums.net has this, I'll have to look around for you.
(2011-02-22, 07:54 PM)Pixovee Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's possible because HackForums.net has this, I'll have to look around for you.

I am glad to know that this type if plugin exists. Okay please keep me posted. Smile if you find it send me a pm if possible. Smile
AJS also had it on his forum so i know it can be done.
PM a HackForums admin, maybe they can tell you?
(2011-02-28, 11:10 AM)GraphD1 Wrote: [ -> ]PM a HackForums admin, maybe they can tell you?

I tried To visit the site I get error message saying forbidden. Confused
ACP > Configuration > Posting > Maximum Nested Quote Tags

(2011-03-01, 03:20 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Configuration > Posting > Maximum Nested Quote Tags

Tried this and it doesn't remove the nested it just sets the maximum number of nested quotes not remove them completey
(2011-03-01, 03:35 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-01, 03:20 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Configuration > Posting > Maximum Nested Quote Tags

Tried this and it doesn't remove the nested it just sets the maximum number of nested quotes not remove them completey

Huh?

All I've done on Pet Forums is set this to 1 - no plugin.
Pages: 1 2