MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation and member to member issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2011-02-22, 09:46 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you could respond to the first reply I made in this thread...?? Plus you made this thread over a year ago...
I know, right. Some people's kids! I swear! I never did figure out what was wrong. Whatever it was fixed itself.

Here it is, the new issue. I am using Linux hosting. I just upgraded to MyBB 1.6.2. After upgrading the php email system stopped sending activation emails and member to member emails.

I did the test provided on wiki, twice. Both times I received the message that it was sent and I received both emails in the account I specified. After this I created a test account on my site and still did not receive the activation email. Member to member emails still do not work either.

Any ideas?
Did you tick the option of "Receive messages" while registering ?
(2011-02-22, 04:25 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Did you tick the option of "Receive messages" while registering ?
Yes. While registering I selected to recieve email from everyone.

Trying various things and still nothing works? I tried speaking with a rep @ GoDaddy.com and they were not much help. Said that the php mail system was out of the scope of the services they provide. grrrrr
Run file verification tool under Tools and Maintenance in Admincp, do any files show as changed?

Also, what plugins are you running?
I can't check that at the moment. Here is another issue I'll create a seperate thread if you want.

When using the laptop; I log into admin CP. Every time I click on something I get logged out and recieve the message "Your IP address is not valid for this session". It makes it impossible to run the file verification tool.
Can you PM me admincp details so i can look at it.
Okay this wierd. I just received an email notification for a thread update. Two other members said they received notifications for thread updates today. Member to member email is still a no go though.

@- G33K - When poking around in admincp you may notice the error logs for the email. I was playing around with smtp earlier trying to make that work. It didn't so I switched back to php
I logged in to your admincp, I didn't have the problem you described of logging out, I stayed logged in, I even tried with some settings and I didn't get logged off.

As for your email problem, after running file verification inc/mailhandlers/php.php was found changed.

Did you change that file? If not then reupload it from a fresh copy of MyBB.
I wonder if it's a problem with the settings on the laptop that are causing the problem of staying logged in. On my desktop I don't have that problem.

I did modify mailhandlers/php.php.

I was attempting to fix the problem by using a fix I found in another thread. After I did it I realized that fix was for Windows.

However since I made that change, two members have said that they have received thread notification emails. Still no member to member though. I am getting ready to create another test account to see if the activation email goes out this time.

Thank you for taking a look G33K.
Okay I just created another test account. Let's see what happens.
Okay activation email went through @ 21:04. This is so weird. Any idea why the system would crap out and then start working again?

Now to try member to member email again.
Still no member to member email and notification emails are spotty.