MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail Not being sent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

My users are not receiving registration or activation e-mails. I checked the logs in myBB and there weren't any. So apparently myBB is not even trying to send e-mails.

I then tried to send a mass e-mail and go the following errors: MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function.

I have contacted my host and they have assured me that PHP mail works. I have also run the test script suggested in the Support Wiki:Mail. That worked A ok. No, they're not in the spam folder.

Please help.
Try to switch PHP to SMTP mail function.

Try each of these. Hopefully one of them works for you.

Mail Handler: SMTP Mail
SMTP Hostname: mail.4arabi.co.cc
SMTP Port: 25
SMTP Username: admin+4arabi.co.cc
SMTP Password: <YOUR PASSWORD>
SMTP Encryption Mode: None

SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Encryption Mode: SSL

SMTP Encryption Mode: TLS
(2011-02-22, 05:56 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Try to switch PHP to SMTP mail function.

Try each of these. Hopefully one of them works for you.

SMTP Port: 25
SMTP Encryption Mode: None

SMTP Encryption Mode: SSL

SMTP Encryption Mode: TLS

Thanks. I should have said I tried SMTP mail via my hosts's settings and that didn't work either.

Also new install, and the forum is here: http://www.pinnacolabapilots.com
(2011-02-22, 05:53 PM)joethepilot Wrote: [ -> ]My users are not receiving registration or activation e-mails. I checked the logs in myBB and there weren't any. So apparently myBB is not even trying to send e-mails.

And you're sure it's actually set to email activation...?? Because if there's no errors in the logs, either they're sending OK but not getting through to the user, or the settings are set up to not require them to be sent at all.
(2011-02-22, 08:03 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-22, 05:53 PM)joethepilot Wrote: [ -> ]My users are not receiving registration or activation e-mails. I checked the logs in myBB and there weren't any. So apparently myBB is not even trying to send e-mails.

And you're sure it's actually set to email activation...?? Because if there's no errors in the logs, either they're sending OK but not getting through to the user, or the settings are set up to not require them to be sent at all.

I think so... I don't see the option to turn it off. Also I have the Welcome PM/E-mail plugin installed.

Could you point me in the right direction?
It's in the Registration and profile options, make sure it's set to email activation.