MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users login trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey

Having a few users tell me about issues with logging in ..

They use the correct username and password combo but it doesnt work, they then reset they're password and it still doesnt allow them to login.

Iv then changed both the username and password in the admincp, and it still wont login to the account..

What on earth is happening?

Latest mybb, upgraded today - problem happening for a few weeks as far as i can tell, no plugins.
So it says it's actually wrong, or it just goes back to being a guest...??
Hey,

Thank you for the reply.

It days incorrect username/password combo

9times remaining to login
With the captcha

But the user had previously signed up, logged in and posted 3times.

The odd thing is even after an admin reset, still no joy.

Many thanks
What's your URL?? If you manually change the password and it still doesn't work there must be something interfering somewhere...
www.superleaguefans.com/forum

It's not all users, but Iv had 4 complaints.

Everyone says they try to reset password and it looks ok, but still doesn't actually let them login.

And sorry I do have the online 24 plugin but Iv had this for ages with mybb and no issues.
Hmmmmmm

Iv just reset the password for the 4th time via admin CP.... And it's now blooming working.

I swear Iv done the exact same, even changed it to the same password previously....

Nightmare.

Not sure how I can now help pinpoint the issue?
Read the stickies. Verify all those settings are correct.
It's not a cookie issue...
Well, your cookie settings aren't right, your cookie path should be /forum/ but it's currently set to /... but the fact that it was happening to so many people on your forum but nobody else has reported it signifies there was something happening to your board specifically, not really much we can do to debug it unless it happens again.
I have to jump in here and resurrect this post as I am running into something similar. Here is the e-mail I received from one of our users.

I have bothered you several times about not being able to log in. Hopefully I can figure this out so I won’t have to keep bugging you.

when I go to a different computer (I have 3), I cannot log in. I have a computer in Branson, one in Okla. City and one mini that I keep

with me when not near the other two. When I have the one in OKC working, then go to one of the other ones, I can’t log in with the password

I have been using. So, I have gone a couple weeks, while in Branson without being able to log in. I am told I have to wait 15 minutes between attempts.

I am able to get a pass code and a new pass word sent to me by email, but it never works. Then when I returned to OKC yesterday,

I wasn’t able to log in on that one either (that had previously been working). Please help me unscramble this mystery so I can use all of my

computers and not have to bother you with it.

I have had several other people write and say pretty much the same thing.

If I create a new password for them that gets them going temporarily, but only until they log on at another computer.

Thanks, Mike