MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'codepress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just noticed this MyBB SQL Error in my Preference & Personal Notes.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'codepress' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT notes, cpstyle, codepress FROM mybb_adminoptions WHERE uid='2' LIMIT 1

Not that familiar with sql so I am unclear as to what the issue is?
The table called "codepress" (Which is the default syntax highlighter) is missing. Did the install finish without any problems? And did this just start happening, or has it been like this?
I didn't see any issues with the install. It went through all the steps properly. I just noticed the error this evening.
(2011-02-23, 01:29 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]The table called "codepress" (Which is the default syntax highlighter) is missing. Did the install finish without any problems? And did this just start happening, or has it been like this?

I tried to reinstall and came back with the same sql error. Now when I hit the view forum button from from the admin access it won't load the page. If you paste the actual url in another window it shows up. Very frustrating I should of just kept it at 1.6.0.

Huh
(2011-02-23, 01:36 AM)lefty Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't see any issues with the install. It went through all the steps properly. I just noticed the error this evening.
(2011-02-23, 01:29 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]The table called "codepress" (Which is the default syntax highlighter) is missing. Did the install finish without any problems? And did this just start happening, or has it been like this?

I tried to reinstall and came back with the same sql error. Now when I hit the view forum button from from the admin access it won't load the page. If you paste the actual url in another window it shows up. Very frustrating I should of just kept it at 1.6.0.

Huh
If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(2011-02-23, 01:36 AM)lefty Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't see any issues with the install. It went through all the steps properly. I just noticed the error this evening.

Huh

Huh
If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have 2 forums the upgrade worked perfectly on the test site no sql problem but with the site that is actually functional I get a sql error. Have tried the install a few times can not figure out why the error has occurred or why the forum will not load from the admin panel when I click view forum. Angry
(2011-02-23, 01:21 AM)lefty Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed this MyBB SQL Error in my Preference & Personal Notes.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'codepress' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT notes, cpstyle, codepress FROM mybb_adminoptions WHERE uid='2' LIMIT 1

Not that familiar with sql so I am unclear as to what the issue is?

There has to be SOMEONE out there than can help the idiot in the corner here? Sad
What, this is an upgrade from 1.6.0?? What version did you choose from the list of versions?? This column hasn't been touched since it was first added in an early release of 1.4.x...
(2011-02-23, 10:30 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What, this is an upgrade from 1.6.0?? What version did you choose from the list of versions?? This column hasn't been touched since it was first added in an early release of 1.4.x...

I have two forums. Both from 1.6. The test one upgraded no problem. The "functional" one is the one with the sql error. Both were upgraded the same way.
(2011-02-23, 10:30 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What, this is an upgrade from 1.6.0?? What version did you choose from the list of versions?? This column hasn't been touched since it was first added in an early release of 1.4.x...

Is there a quick fix for this?
As I asked, what version did you pick from the version list when you upgraded?? The upgrade code does not do anything to this column, so if it's missing, you've done something you shouldn't have somewhere.
(2011-02-23, 05:29 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]As I asked, what version did you pick from the version list when you upgraded?? The upgrade code does not do anything to this column, so if it's missing, you've done something you shouldn't have somewhere.

I went from 1.6.0 to the latest and everything worked prior and I had no errors with the upload. Very possible I did something wrong but everything is fine on the test site.
Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

ALTER TABLE  `mybb_adminoptions` ADD  `codepress` INT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT  '1' AFTER  `cpstyle`;

Depending on what you actually did to cause this though, you might find some other things are broken... the only time code is run to remove the codepress column is when upgrading from 1.4.3, so either you chose an arbitrary version from the version list on the upgrade script, or some non-default code has been run which has removed the column.
(2011-02-23, 06:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

ALTER TABLE  `mybb_adminoptions` ADD  `codepress` INT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT  '1' AFTER  `cpstyle`;

Depending on what you actually did to cause this though, you might find some other things are broken... the only time code is run to remove the codepress column is when upgrading from 1.4.3, so either you chose an arbitrary version from the version list on the upgrade script, or some non-default code has been run which has removed the column.

That worked. Thank you! Shy