MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Errors occured when..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1) Browsing themes
Quote:The following errors were encountered:
There was a problem communicating with the MyBB themes server. Please try again in a few minutes.
2) Trying to upload a theme. When I tried to upload Royal Blue theme it said version incapatible. Problem is, I tried it on 1.6.1 before and it worked, and I didn't switch to 1.6.2 on the forum I am using
3) The version check also doesn't work:
Quote:The following errors were encountered:
There was a problem communicating with the version server. Please try again in a few minutes.

These problem have been going on for weeks now, any help?
For 1 and 3 it seems you're having problems fetching files from remote (in this case from mybb). Check to make sure your host supports and has enabled either curl, fsockopen or fopen.

For the second part is it happening with just the one theme or all themes?
2. Tick "Ignore version compatibility".
HMM well pyradine helped, thanks, G33k, how can I check this?
(2011-02-23, 02:59 AM)Wes the Bes Wrote: [ -> ]HMM well pyradine helped, thanks, G33k, how can I check this?

You have to contact your host and ask.
(2011-02-23, 02:59 AM)Wes the Bes Wrote: [ -> ]HMM well pyradine helped, thanks, G33k, how can I check this?

In admincp, check the phpinfo under Tools and Maintenance.

Search that page for fopen, if its enabled there should be a field called allow_url_fopen with a value of ON
For fsock or CURL, search for curl or fsock and if theres a section for them and if there is if they are enabled.

I searched for fopen, it was enabled.
I searched curl and got this:

curl

cURL support enabled
cURL Information libcurl/7.11.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7e ipv6 zlib/1.2.2

However, there was no fsock
Who's your host? Where are they located?

From what I can see, Freehostia have fsock disabled. I also looked up fopen, and read a post on their forums from 2009, saying they disabled fopen, but they may have enabled it since then.
Pages: 1 2