MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Having Trouble Upgrading to 1.6.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having trouble upgrading. I overwrote all the files in my directory with the new ones, and now it just says MyBB Internal Error, then when I run the upgrade script, it says 500 Internal Server Error. How to upgrade?

I followed the instructions in the wiki and they don’t do anything but this. Do I run the install script?

What do I do?
Anyone? Please? I need to get my board up.

thx
Did you just overwrite the changed files (changed_files_1601.zip) or the whole lot (mybb_1602.zip)?

If you have overwritten the lot you may need to restore your settings.php file
I overwrote the whole thing as recommended by MyBB:

Quote:Upload ALL of the files and folders in the "Upload" folder including the install folder, overwriting the existing copies (this contains the upgrade files also) to your forums root directory.

Direct quote from the wiki.
Should I have not done that?
Try restoring the settings.php file and see how it goes.

If that does not work follow the instructions in the link below after restoring.

http://blog.mybb.com/2011/02/22/mybb-1-6...ty-update/

Okay thanks. I am restoring the whole thing now, then I will download the changed files only, and then do that. Is that a good idea? Will it make the system think I am on 1.6.2?
Got if fixed. Thanks for the help!!!
Yes, try again Smile

If you mean the 'Version Check' will it detect that you are now using 1.6.2, it didnt for me but I'm not sure if thats by design.
Okay I restored all files and then did the changed files and it notices I'm on 1.6.2. Thanks for your help. I will keep repping you until I get bored. lol
Glad to have helped Smile