MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Idea - Popular or Not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, my friend Firestar asked me to post this.

---

Hello Everyone,

I had an idea for a plugin and I was wondering if anyone here was interested in it.

Basically what the plugin would do is add a visual theme editor to the ACP. You would be able to select different elements of your forum and then be able to customize them. E.G., you could click on the thead, and then have a color selector to change the color, and you could choose from a text color and choose a font from a drop down menu.

It would make it very easy to modify themes for beginners. It wouldn't have that big of an impact for more advanced users, but could be used for starting new themes by doing the basic work quicker.

So, is there any interest in this?

--

Thanks! Smile
Not a bad idea, I say go for it. Would make switching colors easier.

Going to be a lot of testing ;)
If someone could make a colorize plugin that would be amazing for new people(look at drupal they have something that does this).
The problem is making it work with all themes, or is this intended only for the base theme?
That'd be epic. Do it do it do it do it.
Oh I missed that so much when customizing my board...
(2011-02-23, 11:36 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is making it work with all themes, or is this intended only for the base theme?
I'll get back to you on that. Toungue

And everyone else, I love this positive feedback. I'll pass it on to Firestar. Wink
Well, you would just need to get everyone to use the sane format in their global CSS. Then you could use the ACP to automatically edit it.

You could just bundle some settings with the theme that gives a list of all the global CSS items included in the theme. Then the ACP could display relevant ones.

Maybe an array:
'thead' => 'img',
'tcat' => 'color',
'randomcss' => 'color';

Then display a color wheel for color tags, then a textbox for img Smile

Then a nice preview using JavaScript would be cool Big Grin
i requested about this in a mybb themes requests section days ago........
http://community.mybb.com/thread-88591.html

see these mybb examples...

http://www.senaidemirci.biz/
another is Gradial theme by Nano skinnners
(2011-02-23, 04:13 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you would just need to get everyone to use the sane format in their global CSS. Then you could use the ACP to automatically edit it.

You could just bundle some settings with the theme that gives a list of all the global CSS items included in the theme. Then the ACP could display relevant ones.

Maybe an array:
'thead' => 'img',
'tcat' => 'color',
'randomcss' => 'color';

Then display a color wheel for color tags, then a textbox for img Smile

Then a nice preview using JavaScript would be cool Big Grin

I did something a little similar to this, minus the Javascript colour wheel or anything that allowed you to customize my latest theme a little bit. It doesn't allow much apart from the .thead and th buttons and on/off images hough.
Pages: 1 2