MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How Many Queries?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
With the latest version of GoMobile I can get it down to no more than the stock query amount :awsm:
@Scoutie44 GoMobile adds 2 queries to my index page.
(2011-02-24, 01:18 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]With the latest version of GoMobile I can get it down to no more than the stock query amount :awsm:

(2011-02-24, 04:30 AM)dmmcintyre3 Wrote: [ -> ]@Scoutie44 GoMobile adds 2 queries to my index page.

Either you need to update and/or he hasn't released the version he's talking about yet...
(2011-02-23, 10:46 PM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]Okay what am i doing wrong because I have 25 on index, and 35 on showthread, and i dont have that many plugins.
Quality > quantity.

One crap plugin can be far more devastating than 100 well written ones.
Which is why coding quality is very important (though most people seem to ignore it, perhaps because most can't judge it very well).

GoMobile adds 2 queries globally, which can be reduced to 0 if well written. As I personally have some interest in the plugin, I've made my own modification which removes 1 global query which is easy to remove (I'll be doing further optimisations so that it meets my personal coding quality requirements).
Yep, the version I'm working on uses cache and a toggle switch to disable another feature thus saving the second query. It really made me realize, like Yumi says, how you can very easily wind up with a whole bunch o useless code.
Index = 32
Forum Display = 31
Showthread = 67
Index: 13 , though I have modified the global.php to meet some of my needs.
Forum Display: 20
Showthread: 24
Index: 7
Forum Display: 17
Showthread: 19
Index page:
Generated in 0.0158641 seconds (91.03% PHP / 8.97% MySQL) SQL Queries: 9
SQL Queries: 21

That's what I found near the footer. I also run a few plugins.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6