MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: page not found 404 & no ACP access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I installed MyBB 1.6.1 a few weeks ago and I started to configure it today, but I've bumped into some problems (this is my first time working with forums, though I have some experience with other apps).

The first issue is that several links take me to the "Not found page, 404"; for example, when I select a forum after "View Forum" (http://foro.invderivados.com/forum-3.html). Maybe that's because there aren't any posts yet, but this also happens when I click my user link (user-1.html) under "Online Admins".

The second is that I'm trying to follow the advice about using "another account as your admin account": I created a "regular" user, created a test group by copying permissions from the administrator group and assigned the new user to the test group, but so far the new account doesn't seem to work.

After I log in with the new account, I don't get the full admin menu bar and I get the "You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel" message after I select any of the links under the "Quick Access" block.

I didn't removed the ACP access from the standard administrator usergroup, so the original admin account is ok.

Thanks for any help.
You've enabled the Search Engine Friendly URLs but you've not renamed your htaccess.txt file to .htaccess so either disable these URLs in the Server and Optimization settings, or name your htaccess.txt file to .htaccess

With the account that work, go to ACP > Users & Groups > Admin Permissions > choose the new user > make sure everything is ticked on all tabs.
Thanks, both recommendations worked fine!

In the wiki I had read about renaming the htaccess.txt file, but as none of the tests confirmed that mod_security was triggering the error --as it did not appear neither in the server error log nor in the Loaded Modules section of php info-- I (erroneously) omitted this step.

About the user account, it really came as a surprise because I thought that it was going to inherit all permissions from the group, just as it happens in other apps (like Moodle)... I guess groups work a bit different than expected Undecided

I'll have to spend some time getting familiar with this software, but as I need to have the forum working as soon as possible (it is for a client), I really thank your advice Smile