MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Banning issues after merge.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of my forum's staff member and myself have been getting a "You have selected an invalid ban." error when we're trying to ban spambots.

I'm guess this is an issue with the merging (used to be on a vB forum)? If so, any ideas on how to fix it?
Admin CP issues post merge have nothing to do with the merge system. Moving to General Support.
Does it change anything if this is happening in the ModCP banning system?
Is your modcp_banuser_editusername template default...?? Looking at the code, it's not possible for this to be happening for new bans if this template is default...
The template is the default, but I had noticed that the uid was getting set to my uid, which would explain why it was invalid (can't ban myself :p).

I do call the following code on the website-end:

chdir('forums/');
define('IN_MYBB', 1);
require('./global.php');
chdir('../');

...but that shouldn't be affecting anything on the forum end since that code isn't referenced at all there. It's very odd, because on other administration-type pages like the warning pages, it adds the warning as expected. It's just the banning in the ModCP that's acting up.

If it's setting the mod/admin's UID, is it also setting the wrong post code possibly?
Can you PM me login details for a moderator account, and create an account that I can ban...??
(2011-02-28, 06:05 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Can you PM me login details for a moderator account, and create an account that I can ban...??

(Sorry about the delay in a response, had midterms earlier this week.)

Sure, I'll send a PM this afternoon with the info.

EDIT: Sorry for the delay, sent the PM to you.