MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default Theme Not Working Just On User Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-02-24, 05:10 AM)Spencer Wrote: [ -> ]Very odd, as when installing, it checks to see if all the required files/directories are CHMOD correctly. If any of the files or directories aren't, it won't let you continue your installation.

When you installed the test installation, did all the files/directories show up as CHMOD correctly?
I never checked,

My first install was by the book, I was evaluating mybb, php-bb and bbpress at the time. I downloaded, looked at the install instructions, installed.

In your case, CHMOD via FTP, installed, loved the sexy Admin panel, hated the (at that time) fugly screen.

This time, I did a test install, no CHMOD, just to get a peak at the database structure. Then I saw the fugly again, now I see beauty.

After your explanation of what happened, I am guesstimating what happened. The test install was a short while ago, and I didn't stick around to ask back then.

I asked this time, because I am asking another question, relating to the database and multiple install. Far as I can tell, you caught the problem perhaps, another application gave me a freakin' headache with.

I do remember, I the did set the CHMOD's, before running the install. And I manually changed them all, from '664' to '666' or '775' to '777', etc
Hiya,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. Have checked under tools/maintenance and see the message "All of the required files and directories have the proper CHMOD settings."

Have checked and rechecked the URL's and folders and can't see where I might have gone wrong. I installed a different theme to see if that would solve it but unfortunately not.

My URL is http://www.bergseerstelijnsnetwerk.nl/forum/

Any help you can give would me much appreciated - this noob is at a loss!

Thanks everso
Mir
Fixed it!!

Had to go server side and re-do file permissions to the cache folder - my FTP client shows then as 777 but when i checked server side they weren't. I use CuteFTP Pro

Hope this helps anyone else who's stuck!!

Mir
Big Grin

Pages: 1 2