MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Title Editing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have 3 forums and one of them works perfect when I highlight the thread title and then hold down the mouse to edit it. The other two forums it doesn't work on.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?
What are the user permissions for the other two forums? Are administrators permitted to edit threads in those forums?
Does it only happen to you, or does it happen to other moderators/administrators?
(2011-02-24, 04:35 AM)Spencer Wrote: [ -> ]What are the user permissions for the other two forums? Are administrators permitted to edit threads in those forums?

Yes the admin is permitted to edit threads.

The permissions are the same on all 3 forums.
Quote:Does it only happen to you, or does it happen to other moderators/administrators?
(2011-02-24, 05:08 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Does it only happen to you, or does it happen to other moderators/administrators?

All admins
(2011-02-24, 06:04 AM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-24, 05:08 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Does it only happen to you, or does it happen to other moderators/administrators?

All admins

Also - my one good forum shows the click and hold to edit and the other two doesn't show that.
URL of the ones where it's broken??
(2011-02-24, 07:02 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]URL of the ones where it's broken??

Here is one.

LINK
The problem is this code from the headerinclude template:

<!--

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var cookieDomain = ".computertechsupportforum.com";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var cookiePath = "/forum/";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var cookiePrefix = "";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var deleteevent_confirm = "Are you sure you want to delete this event?";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var removeattach_confirm = "Are you sure you want to remove the selected attachment from this post?";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var loading_text = 'Loading. <br />Please Wait..';

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var saving_changes = 'Saving changes..';

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var use_xmlhttprequest = "1";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var my_post_key = "6f6cf546332527c28182da3183301386";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var imagepath = "images/mybbpro";

// -->

Change the &nbsp; to a space and save the template.
(2011-02-24, 09:38 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is this code from the headerinclude template:

<!--

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var cookieDomain = ".computertechsupportforum.com";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var cookiePath = "/forum/";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var cookiePrefix = "";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var deleteevent_confirm = "Are you sure you want to delete this event?";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var removeattach_confirm = "Are you sure you want to remove the selected attachment from this post?";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var loading_text = 'Loading. <br />Please Wait..';

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var saving_changes = 'Saving changes..';

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var use_xmlhttprequest = "1";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var my_post_key = "6f6cf546332527c28182da3183301386";

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var imagepath = "images/mybbpro";

// -->

Change the &nbsp; to a space and save the template.

Thank Matt that worked perfect. I'm not sure how the &nbsp was added to the code that I copied for my new menu, but your suggestion fixed the problem.