MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Block multiple IP registrations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Is it possible to completely block multiple IP registrations altogether? I know there is an option to set maximum IP registrations per x time, but there is no option for unlimited/forever. I could do a huge number for example, but that looks pretty awful when a user tries to register and see that.

So can I:

A) Complete block multiple IP registrations.

Or

B) Change the text that says "You have already registered under this IP address within the last x hours." or whatever it is.

Thanks.

When you say block multiple IP registrations, do you mean permanently? Like a ban?

If so, you are able to ban IPs by going to AdminCP -> Configuration Tab -> Banning menu option -> Banned IPs Tab.
I mean stop multiple IP's from registering without manually banning.
I've tried that before, it's good, but I want to COMPLETELY stop multiple registrations from the same IP. Where is the text located that says 'You have already registered within x minutes'.?
AdminCp >> Configuration >> Settings >> User Registration and Profile Options >> Maximum Registrations Per IP Address >> change it to 1
(2011-03-02, 12:15 PM)Dimon Wrote: [ -> ]AdminCp >> Configuration >> Settings >> User Registration and Profile Options >> Maximum Registrations Per IP Address >> change it to 1

I know that, but that's within a certain time period that you set. It's not possible to set it as never ending I don't think.
just change that time period to some astronomic value.
(2011-03-03, 04:36 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]just change that time period to some astronomic value.

I've done that, made it 10 years. I just want to be able to change the text that says 'You have already registered within x amount of time'. Where can I find that?

Thanks.
That ought to be in one of the language files: member.lang.php
the variables are "error_alreadyregisteredtime" (and/or "error_alreadyregistered").