MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Set Mybb to send an Email Verification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, my webhost supports PHP mail and a webmail. I tested (http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Mail) and the outcome was "Mail was sent by PHP". My forum Admin's email is [email protected] (email made in webmail at my webhost). I would like to know how to set my mybb forum when new user register and will be able to receive his/her email activation code? just like normal forum out there. I made some test...me registering as a new user but failed to receive such message. I would like to know if there will be some tweaking in "inc/function.php" or some other part of the system folder? If you would like to share or give tuts based from your knowledge from you guys, it would be best appreciated... THAnks in advance Smile
have you set it to send email verification in acp>configuration>user registration and profile options.
(2011-02-24, 01:47 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]have you set it to send email verification in acp>configuration>user registration and profile options.
YES, i set Registration Method to "Send Email Verification"

The question now is, how can i make it work?
bump, I need to know this thing too. I am using the mail which already given by mybb something like [email protected] , and I am facing a trouble that user who register with hotmail in my forum gets the verification mails after 10-15 min later . Can anyone help me out how I can make fast this process?