MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: First time logging in, says details are wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just set up the forum and tried to login for the first time as admin and it says my details are wrong. i'm totally lost as to what i need to do to sort it.

Thanks
Siobhan
Go to: CPanel > Database Management > phpmyadmin > Click on "SQL" tab > and enter the following query and Press "Go"

UPDATE mybb_users SET password = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', salt = '' WHERE uid = '1';

Now login with test as the password.
Hi Yaldaram, im sorry but this hasn't worked. It is still saying the same.
The username and password combination you entered is invalid.
PM me phpMyAdmin details... if it didn't work straight after the installation you must have put different details into the installer than what you tried to login with, and if that query didn't fix it either you might not have run it right.
It wont let me pm you. I think Ive mixed things up with the various passwords arrg.
He means pm him on mybb forums.
yeh i know, it kept saying i wasn't logged in. I've read something about that being to do with cookies though ive followed the instructions to sort cookies and its not made any difference. I think my computers got a mind of its own lol

(2011-02-24, 07:47 PM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]He means pm him on mybb forums.

Haha im in!!

Thanks

(2011-02-24, 08:03 PM)SRobertson Wrote: [ -> ]yeh i know, it kept saying i wasn't logged in. I've read something about that being to do with cookies though ive followed the instructions to sort cookies and its not made any difference. I think my computers got a mind of its own lol

(2011-02-24, 07:47 PM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]He means pm him on mybb forums.