MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: purchasing avatars/unlocking avatars through posts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there a plugin where you can unlock avatars through a certain number of posts, or are able to purchase avatars through a system like paypal?

i think it would be a valuable addition to my forum by helping pay for costs, and foster some friendly community competition and activity.

maybe there is a similar plugin that can be modified to this purpose?

thanks!
you can also just use the promotion system. create a new group that is allowed avatars and then after X posts promote the user to that additional group.

you can also use a donation plugin so that moves users into a group upon payment. this group could then have avatars and perhaps other permissions since they donated
thanks for the responses!

i neglected to mention that i was actually thinking more of the somethingawful forums avatar purchasing system. users pay $10 each time to buy an avatar for themselves or ANOTHER member. it makes for some very comedic episodes, where you buy another user an unflattering or joke avatar
Id just like to know what kind of people are gonna pay $10 for an avatar? Confused I want their phone numbers lol
With forum credits, i can understand, but with actual money? I'd just leave the site.