MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin login - help - going crazy!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting very frustrated and hope someone can help??!!

I am the admin for my forum, and everytime I go into admin cp I have to login - fine, but then the login box pops up everytime I navigate to a different page or even tab in the admin cp screen - what is going on??

I have looked at admin settings and I have permission for everything. I can change things but cannot navigate even simply round admin cp without having to enter my login and password about 10+ times - it is driving me crazy - any thoughts / solutions most welcome...

Nikky
Sounds like you have a cookie problem you will have to change it in settings.php and also in your admin panel afterward if you struggle let me know.
Thanks - had a look at the above but I not really great with IT stuff..... I still can't stay logged in to ACP - I think my cookie settings are ok but need to double check, how do I open and edit ./inc/settings.php ??
You can open it in notepad. However, if you're going to be making changes to it then its preferable to use something like notepad++ (google it) since notepad adds stuff to the file that php doesn't like.
If you can post your URL we'll be able to see if they're correct...