MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: move forum from root of my site to subdomain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1-please help me i want to move my forum from my site root to a subdomait , how can i do this? may be damage to my forum?

2-can i use 2 mybb installation in 2 language in two different subdomain ,but all statics and users such online users and total users be together?

http://pcbook.ir
1. Go to ACP > Configuration > change your Board URL and cookie settings to match your new URL, then move the files.

2/ You'd need a plugin for that and I don't think one exists.
(2011-02-24, 06:06 PM)dizan Wrote: [ -> ]2-can i use 2 mybb installation in 2 language in two different subdomain ,but all statics and users such online users and total users be together?

http://pcbook.ir
Nope. I've checked. It requires manually editing a lot of php scripts.

The Global variable
"$config['database']['table_prefix'] = ''mybb_";

Needs to be adapted to be two prefixes.
"$config['database']['table_par_prefix'] = ''mybb_0_"
"$config['database']['table_chi_prefix'] = ''mybb_1_"

Where table_par_prefix' is for the first install, which all the user data related tables, the site themes

Where table_chi_prefix is for the second install, which is all the forum related tables, polls, etc.

In the first install:
"$config['database']['table_chi_prefix'] = ''mybb_0_"

In the second install:
"$config['database']['table_chi_prefix'] = ''mybb_1_"

In the third install:
"$config['database']['table_chi_prefix'] = ''mybb_2_"

The coding within the PHP scripts, need to be replaced with global constants, based on those variables.

like:

Defiine the 'user' table as a global, that is a combination of 'par_prefix" and "user"

So instead of using: ['table_prefix'].user, with is manually coded in the PHP scripts, get them to point to the global constant conceptially like

['user_table]
Where [user_table] is global constant: "mybb_0_user"

Then add in another forum type called "link", that generates an html link from one installation to the next installation.

Thankyou for your support
(2011-02-25, 03:38 PM)dizan Wrote: [ -> ]Thankyou for your support
I share your pain.

It seems like a common request, but of all the BB's I've seen, this is the nicest looking one. I hope they add this feature in the next major release. Just needs some minor tweaking, to the code/logics, and I'll be singing off the mountain tops!

Multi-site support would be great. The directory structure needs to be revamped as well.
It shouldn't require directory structure tampering. I hate online bragging of "I know this" and you don't sort of thing.

But I've worked with Sybase, on a UNIX server, interacting with remote propriety systems, over a radio network, using the TCP/IP protocol for radio communications over a cellular satellite network.

This involved a lot of taking flat files, and integrating them into Sybase, using SQL to generate information both on a windows app, and doing manual look up, and UNIX shell scripting.

I don't know PHP, but I see it as flat files and shell scripts, using a database via SQL. I've also been using BBS's back in the dial up days. So I know the concepts of a BBS, or Bulletin Board System, and how a UNIX system works.

The database structure can support multiple installs, even with different themes, in different directories. I've tweaked PHP/BB to the point where it should work, but they have a coding legacy issue that buggers it up.

I've looked through the PHP scripts for mybb, and a few changes to how the scripts interact with the database will do it. I love the look of MYbb, and would love to see it working multi-site.

No offense to programmers, but they always think more code is the solution, when it's better database management. I've been the liaison, just get things to f'n work, between IT and RnD. While techs in the field are yelling at me, and the morons upstairs do their yelling too. Big Grin

(2011-02-25, 10:47 PM)Celtic-Tyger Wrote: [ -> ]It shouldn't require directory structure tampering. I hate online bragging of "I know this" and you don't sort of thing.

But I've worked with Sybase, on a UNIX server, interacting with remote propriety systems, over a radio network, using the TCP/IP protocol for radio communications over a cellular satellite network.

This involved a lot of taking flat files, and integrating them into Sybase, using SQL to generate information both on a windows app, and doing manual look up, and UNIX shell scripting.

I don't know PHP, but I see it as flat files and shell scripts, using a database via SQL. I've also been using BBS's back in the dial up days. So I know the concepts of a BBS, or Bulletin Board System, and how a UNIX system works.

The database structure can support multiple installs, even with different themes, in different directories. I've tweaked PHP/BB to the point where it should work, but they have a coding legacy issue that buggers it up.

I've looked through the PHP scripts for mybb, and a few changes to how the scripts interact with the database will do it. I love the look of MYbb, and would love to see it working multi-site.

No offense to programmers, but they always think more code is the solution, when it's better database management. I've been the liaison, just get things to f'n work, between IT and RnD. While techs in the field are yelling at me, and the morons upstairs do their yelling too. Big Grin

Right. Oh, such juxtapositions slap me on the knee. I'm not sure where you got "MOAR CODE" out of my suggestions, as the point of revamping the directory structure would probably consolidate code. I just posted a thread in MyBB Suggestions and Feedback with a bit more detail.