MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spider/Bot question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have searched for an answer and was unable to find it.....

I noticed my bots are set to use the 'default theme' although I changed the name of the theme I am using to HTM. Should I change the settings to have the bots view the theme I use or keep the default settings.

Thanks in advance!
It really doesn't matter. All the bots see is the text.
(2011-02-24, 10:47 PM)nukeking Wrote: [ -> ]I have searched for an answer and was unable to find it.....

I noticed my bots are set to use the 'default theme' although I changed the name of the theme I am using to HTM. Should I change the settings to have the bots view the theme I use or keep the default settings.

Thanks in advance!

Don't worry about anything. Changing the theme name still will make them use whatever is set to the default, regardless of the name.
Even though it says that they are probably seeing the other theme but nothing to worry about as mentioned.
Thank you all for your time. I was worried that they may read only the theme you actually use....
(2011-02-25, 12:01 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]It really doesn't matter. All the bots see is the text.

Not quite, for example Google caches pages and the appearance there will depend on the theme you're letting Google see. Also if you make adaptions in your theme - such as changing title tag in your theme's templates - it matters.

However that's not a Google specific problem, it's how guests see the forum too, so you should take care not to make some crappy theme the default...