MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit User Modcp Redirect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When you edit a user you're normally in profile page. Then you click "Edit this user in Mod CP". After you edit and save you get redirected to Modcp. To be honest I find this less than desirable. For one I want to review the changes I just made to the user. For another there was a reason I was on his profile. I wonder how many agree with me that changing the redirect so that it goes back to the profile just edited would be more beneficial.

It's a one line change.

In modcp.php:

redirect("modcp.php?action=finduser", $lang->redirect_user_updated);

Change to this:

redirect("member.php?action=profile&uid={$user['uid']}", $lang->redirect_user_updated);

Thank you for consideration and if possible hopefully other members will add their input even if they don't agree with me.
I agree, and will also make this change.
I've noticed this as well; it's a bit of a pain to navigate back to the member's profile.
yep..

Right click, open in new tab?

I'm not so sure, what if your in the modcp for a reason and don't want to view changes to the profile? This one is just swings and rounabouts...
Why not store the referring URL when you click into the modcp, then redirect to that when done? That way, Tomm's case is covered too.
(2011-02-26, 08:46 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Right click, open in new tab?

This is what I always do and it's a pain, in my opinion.

If I'm banning a spammer I have to right click and open in new tab to ban, edit and find all posts - 3 new tabs. If it redirected back to the profile I could do all these things in one tab rather than messing around.

Redirecting back to the Mod CP is completely useless, I've never found myself needing to be back in the Mod CP after editing or banning a user.
(2011-02-26, 01:15 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]

If I'm banning a spammer I have to right click and open in new tab to ban, edit and find all posts - 3 new tabs. If it redirected back to the profile I could do all these things in one tab rather than messing around.

Redirecting back to the Mod CP is completely useless, I've never found myself needing to be back in the Mod CP after editing or banning a user.

That's my same routine as well. I think most admins do the same. Right click for a new tab should not be the solution when the majority of people want the edit save to go back to the profile.

You could potentially do a "Or return to the Mod CP" link, similar to the "or go back to the forum" link for posting redirects.
(2011-02-26, 07:47 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-26, 01:15 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]

That's my same routine as well. I think most admins do the same. Right click for a new tab should not be the solution when the majority of people want the edit save to go back to the profile.
same for me.
Pages: 1 2