MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't view forum sections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Matt fixed my other problem but now I have a new one. Anytime I click on a forum section it redirects me to an error page for my host. What should I do? ThanksBig Grin
(2011-02-25, 09:14 PM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]Matt fixed my other problem but now I have a new one. Anytime I click on a forum section it redirects me to an error page for my host.

Do you have SEO Friendly links enabled? Your .htaccess file might not be there (it might be named "htaccess.txt").
Well I disabled that plugin because I didn't want all of those code edits. It was enabled when I disabled Google Seo I think.
Ask your host if mod_rewrite is enabled; I just checked your file system and there wasn't a .htaccess file there which is required for the Search Engine Friendly URLs to work, but even after I created that file the links don't work, so either ask your host if mod_rewrite is enabled, or disable the Search Engine Friendly URLs in the Server and Optimization settings.
(2011-02-25, 09:28 PM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]Well I disabled that plugin because I didn't want all of those code edits. It was enabled when I disabled Google Seo I think.

If I recall correctly, Google SEO has .htaccess edits of its own that could be the cause of your problem. Try removing its edits and see what happens.

Your board might have the default SEO enabled. Head to ACP -> Configuration -> Server and Optimization Options to find out.
Well the plugin is un-installed and deactivated. And when I checked for the Server and Optimization settings it was disabled.
That did it! I set it to disabled and it worked! Thanks a lot to both of you!
Thanks, this helped me!
Cheers!

Hope your problem is ironed out too!