MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd just like to say how impressed i am at the development of mybb.
I joined in june/july at version 1.4.13 and in august we had 1.6 in december 1.6.1 and now 1.6.2 2 months later are we to expect 1.6.3 in the same sort of timeframe.
There is no 100% guarantee of when updates are to come unless the Mybb Staff announce them. Because they work on this project on their free time you never know.
Would you be more impressed if they decided to bump the version number more often?
I'm just saying 4 updates in the time i've been with mybb when i was using smf for 9 months or more was lucky to see 2 updates.
Just saying i'm impressed with the speed things are moving forward.
It was a compliment for the mybb team, keep up the good work guys.
(2011-02-25, 11:49 PM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]There is no 100% guarantee of when updates are to come unless the Mybb Staff announce them. Because they work on this project on their free time you never know.

Not really true. Check the dev site Toungue I get up every morning to find 30ish messages from the dev site of bug updates, feature updates, new bugs and features etc. MyBB 2.0 is still in planning and there is alot to plan because as you know its a major re-write.
(2011-02-26, 12:37 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just saying 4 updates in the time i've been with mybb when i was using smf for 9 months or more was lucky to see 2 updates.
In other words, you're impressed just by the number of updates. Which drives my point:

(2011-02-26, 12:28 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Would you be more impressed if they decided to bump the version number more often?
it's got nothing to do with how many updates there have been.
i'm impressed at the speed of development. not expecting to see 2.0 anytime soon. its good that the team made of volunteers is quicly rectifying bugs and other things.
(2011-02-26, 12:52 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-25, 11:49 PM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]There is no 100% guarantee of when updates are to come unless the Mybb Staff announce them. Because they work on this project on their free time you never know.

Not really true. Check the dev site Toungue I get up every morning to find 30ish messages from the dev site of bug updates, feature updates, new bugs and features etc. MyBB 2.0 is still in planning and there is alot to plan because as you know its a major re-write.
I suppose you are correct. I need to get on there more. Toungue