MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What happens when i delete a user ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What happens when i delete a member ?

If i deleted a member, will the other members will be affected ?

I mean their url or thier numbers

(( Example ))
----------

I have 60 registered members....I deleted # 58.....After deleting i will have 59 registered members....will #60 before deleting is the same after deleting ?

Thank you
If ''Roger'' is UID59 and you delete his account. His account and data is dropped from the database and the user name ''Roger'' will become available.
Other members' UID's aren't affected, however UID59 will be blank, and no user could register to it.
UID9 will still be UID60.
is there any way to benefit from the " blank " in database?

Not really.. you could change a members UID to it if they requested.
(2011-02-26, 02:12 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Not really.. you could change a members UID to it if they requested.

MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE ORIGINAL USER FIRST!! If you change the other user's and two users have the same UID it'll cause a TON of errors.
Changing UID from database right ?

@fizz

yes sure , thx

THx all
talk about a solution looking for a problem
Hmm, I though it would be the other way around. Like if I delete UID20 and a new member signs up he will automatically be assigned UID20. The next new member then will get UID70 if thats the next one in order (of a forum with 69 members). But I take it there's no way to make the ID assignments work like that?
Changing UID from database is working perfect with me....but what annoys me that after deleting some members, when a member registers, his UID is far away. !

Is there any solution to make UID back to normal

and what cause that ?
Any Help ?
Pages: 1 2