MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Assistance Changing Name Servers In cPanel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I submitted this question to my host as well but they are taking too long. I am planning on using MyBB so I thought it would be alright to ask this question in the support section. I need to know how you change the Name Servers in cPanel, I can not figure it out.

I've used cPanel before but not with my own domain so this is new to me. If someone could help me i'd really appriate it. So thanks for any help given!

Joel
As far as I know, you cannot change DNS servers through cPanel. At least, I can't do it in mine and I've never heard anyone mention being able to do it. DNS servers are set in the domain control panel of wherever you purchased your domain. If, for example, you bought from Enom, then you'd have to go to Enom's site, sign in, and alter the DNS settings from there. cPanel only deals with the hosted website itself, not the domain settings.

If I'm wrong, someone will correct me, but I don't think I am.
You will need to do that from the domain name settings, you point it to the dns of the hosting server.

regards