MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.6.2 Release & 1.4.15 Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got an email about the MyBB 1.6.2 Release & 1.4.15 Update but no instructions about how to get the update.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim Adrian

[email protected]
(2011-02-26, 06:40 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Upgrading

This is a nightmare of complexity.

Jim Adrian
I agree, that article needs to be cleaned up. I'll probably do that tonight.

You're basically doing to backup everything, upload the full 1.6.2 package, then run /install/upgrade.php.
Actually, according to the blog post, you do not need to run the upgrade script since it's just a few files being changed. Just download this and upload. It'll automatically change your version to 1.6.2.

How I know this? Experience.
(2011-02-26, 06:56 AM)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, according to the blog post, you do not need to run the upgrade script since it's just a few files being changed. Just download this and upload. It'll automatically change your version to 1.6.2.

If he wants to stay on the 1.4 series. I would highly suggest upgrading completely to the 1.6 series.
(2011-02-26, 06:56 AM)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, according to the blog post, you do not need to run the upgrade script since it's just a few files being changed. Just download this and upload. It'll automatically change your version to 1.6.2.

I downloaded it. It is a folder full of files and folders. Do I upload them to my hosting site?

Thank you for your help.

Jim Adrian
If you are currently running 1.6.1 then just upload the new files overwriting the old files if you are currently running 1.4.x then you will need to run the full upgrade. difficult to guide as you've not steted your current version.
(2011-02-26, 08:28 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]If you are currently running 1.6.1 then just upload the new files overwriting the old files if you are currently running 1.4.x then you will need to run the full upgrade. difficult to guide as you've not steted your current version.

This is true, you never actually told us what version you're currently on. Good catch, adbrad.
Is it really that hard for people to just read the blog post!?! Undecided

MyBB 1.6.2 and 1.4.15 – Security Update

If you're already on 1.6.1 all you need is the changed files package, download it, extract it, upload to overwrite your existing files - job done.
Pages: 1 2