MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signature Suspended Message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is no message to end users with suspended signature. Not that it's suspended or when it will be lifted. What happens is the nav link in usercp for "Change Signature" is gone. I find this very undesirable as every time I suspend a sig a user sends me an email asking why they can't edit their sig and when they can use it again.

Can I suggest you leave the Change Signature in Nav and on the do edit sig. Then on action "editsig" there is a check which gives error_no_permissions" but a change to using the template "usercp_editsig_suspended" would be best and provide the suspended until time for the user.

The feature itself works great but this is needed to round it out.

Please consider.

EDIT: I'm checking code to see exactly how to change this. FYI in inc/functions_users.php the function usercp_menu_profile() has the code to remove the link from usercp nav.

I like the idea..
Suspended (for certain time) rather than disable or edited their signature Wink

Right now, I am only allowing Thread starter and the next 2 poster (on a thread) displaying signature, others are not displayed! So, my forum clean and light enough to browse without being disturbing by to many signature on single thread
I think you misunderstand. MyBB 1.6 added a feature where you can disable a users signature from modcp "editprofile" action. But when it's suspended the user doesn't know that and they don't know for how long.