MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving to another host.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just bought a plan from another host, and I have my forum editted pretty hard, (Templates are almost all editted), and some minor changes, I was just wondering, how would I go about saving the forum as it is now, and moving it to another host?

Sorry for sounding stupid, but I'm new to this, and I just spent 2 days creating my forum, which is at
http://adexchange.web44.net/

As you see it loads very slow, and it is at a free hosting company, and thats why I wanted to move to a good, paid host.
Download everything in FTP.
Export databases.
Import databases at new host.
Upload all the files.
(2011-02-26, 08:14 PM)Hatashi Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought a plan from another host, and I have my forum editted pretty hard, (Templates are almost all editted), and some minor changes, I was just wondering, how would I go about saving the forum as it is now, and moving it to another host?

Sorry for sounding stupid, but I'm new to this, and I just spent 2 days creating my forum, which is at
http://adexchange.web44.net/

As you see it loads very slow, and it is at a free hosting company, and thats why I wanted to move to a good, paid host.

what will be your new domain name ? and please answer my question in gmail
(2011-02-26, 08:24 PM)private bob4 Wrote: [ -> ]Download everything in FTP.
Export databases.
Import databases at new host.
Upload all the files.

You'll want to change the URL settings before moving.
Thanks everyone.

Everything worked out great Big Grin.
what is your new URL ?
Please wait, I have a new issue.

Whenever I login now, it takes me to my old hosts, but I configured all my new host details at config.php

What should I do?
You should have changed your board settings too,you'll need to edit your Board URL and cookie settings in ./inc/settings.php and then do it again in the ACP.
(2011-02-26, 09:46 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You should have changed your board settings too,you'll need to edit your Board URL and cookie settings in ./inc/settings.php and then do it again in the ACP.
Oh, okay, thank you very much, I will try this!
I have changed everything to my new URL, but now my forum won't load at all Sad.

Here's the forum: adexchange.cz.cc
I don't think thats a problem wiht mybb, that looks like a domain name or host problem.
Pages: 1 2