MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please help me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Sad All of the permissions are defaulted at 755; do I need to check all of the boxes in the 'write' option?
755 should be fine. What are the permissions on the files?
the theme folder itself is 777, the index.html folder is 644, and the cache folder is 777. Apart from the ones you mentioned, all of the files in the theme (the css) are 644
I think I've found your problem. Your web host is using suPHP so directories with 777 permissions will not be read. Here's what their FAQ says:

Quote:We currently run Litespeed Web Server which runs PHP as the user so files and folders should have the permissions of:

Folders: 755 (drwxr-xr-x)
Files: 644 (-rw-r--r--)

Even if the instructions for the software state to change the permissions of files or folders to 777 or 666 don't do it. It's a security risk and not needed in our environment.

If you accidently have changed the permissions on your account and your website no longer works please contact the support department to fix the permissions on your account.

You don't need to contact support though. Just change them yourself. Smile
Ok so I should just change anything that is 777 to 755? Smile
(2011-02-27, 11:14 AM)reina Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so I should just change anything that is 777 to 755? Smile

Correct!
Ok I'll give that a shot now and see if that helps
Doesn't seem to have changed Sad I still cant see the images

This is a mystery it still doesn't work
Is the darkness folder in the images directory?
yeah it is
You need to contact your web host's support as the web server can't find those files or directories for some reason. Without being able to poke around in the back end I can't think of any other way to help. Sorry. Sad

Please let us know if you find out what the problem was.

Good luck!
Pages: 1 2 3 4