MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please help me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Every time I download a theme, I unzip the file and add the xml file in order to have the theme on my site.

However, when I update/refresh to view my forum, there are no images and it makes the site looks broken. I have the latest version (1.6.2) and am downloading themes that apparently work specifically for this version. Every time I add the file it tells me that the theme is for a different version of BB and that I hve to check the box that reads 'Ignore version compatibility'.

I'm very new to this, so it is possible that I am doing something wrong. please can someone assist me.
When Importing Theme make sure the Ignore Version Compatibility checkbox is checked
I have done that, but the images for the theme template still never show.
She just said that Ignore Compatibility doesn't work.
However, I do not know why it is giving you this problem with Version Compatibility.

However, I do know why your images aren't showing up.

When you go to your hoster, you have to upload the things inside the image folder in the zipped theme to the /images directory, if you need to add a folder, you must add a folder.
Some of the images may be language specific. Do the images appear if you set the language to English(US)?
Oh ok. I will give that a try, thank you for your response.

EDIT: The site and everything else is set to English US
Do the images in the default theme work?
yeah the default works perfectly
It may be that the images are not making it onto the web server or being given the wrong permissions. Have you checked using FTP or the file manager in CPanel (or whatever your web server uses) that the files are there?
No I haven't. But I can check it out tomorrow and get back to you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4