MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Primary User Group problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have searched all around the forum and haven't found any solution about this little trouble so here I expose my case.
I have these User Groups : Guests, Registered,Administrators,Awaiting Activation,Banned, VIP Member and Serious Contributor.
I was trying tu move a member from Registered group to Primary User Group Vip Member. I also change the Additional User Groups and Display User Group to Vip Group. The main problem is after awhile the username is return to Registered group. I already move it twice in the past three days. I verified the permission for the Vip Member group and they are same as the Registered only it has the private message option activate.
Does anybody had this issue ?

PS: I run the lattest version of mybb btw.
If it's changing back you must have a usergroup promotion set up or something, or the user is changing their group back in the Group Memberships section of their User CP. You don't need to add it as an additional group too though, and you can just leave the option for display group to use the primary group.
(2011-02-27, 11:39 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If it's changing back you must have a usergroup promotion set up or something, or the user is changing their group back in the Group Memberships section of their User CP. You don't need to add it as an additional group too though, and you can just leave the option for display group to use the primary group.

Ideed, this was the problem. I was confused about user titles option with usergroup promotion. Thank youSmile