MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I allow users to post using their registered usernames not logged in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm allowing anonymous posts at the forum and a few people have complained that they would like to be able to post as themselves quickly without logging in.
However they get the message "The username you have chosen is already registered."
Can I bypass this security feature?
I dont know, if you allow it, people may fake each other to post on your forums and it might cause misunderstandings.
(2011-02-27, 01:22 PM)Jen_Vuongyen Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know, if you allow it, people may fake each other to post on your forums and it might cause misunderstandings.

I realize thats entirely possible, if it becomes a problem in the future I was hoping to have the ability revert back.

We had that feature on the custom php forum from where we migrated, and it was never a problem, I was attempting to recreate functionality as close as possible.
imho it would make more sense to have the users apply the "remember" function at login so that they are and stay actually logged in.
It takes a matter of seconds to login, having 'anonymous' posting where you can choose a username means it isn't anonymous at all and sounds pretty confusing to be honest. If you really need this though you'll need a plugin, I'll move this to the requests forum.
(2011-02-27, 05:43 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It takes a matter of seconds to login, having 'anonymous' posting where you can choose a username means it isn't anonymous at all and sounds pretty confusing to be honest. If you really need this though you'll need a plugin, I'll move this to the requests forum.

That sounds absolutely wonderful Matt Smile A million thanks and please by all means move to the requests forum.